Join the Team:
Join us to make a difference with Jeffcom 911! Click ‘Apply Now’ to view all job openings.
Jeffcom 911 strives to be an employer of choice with exceptional benefits, paid time off, retirement plans, tuition assistance, and a positive workplace environment. We value professionalism, ethics, and innovation. We demonstrate world-class customer service in every interaction we have with the community, expressing empathy and enthusiasm. We demonstrate positive attitudes and take pride in both our profession and the work we do every day.
Emergency Communications Specialists
- The ideal candidate has customer service and multi-tasking skills. They should be flexible and willing to be scheduled for 4 x 10 hour shifts which could vary from day, swing and graveyard shifts. Scheduling is based on seniority. Familiarity with Law, Fire, Medical as well as general Public Safety experience is preferred. All applicants must have a high school diploma or GED certificate. Jeffcom 911 provides qualified candidates with comprehensive training for Emergency Communications Specialists.
- Lateral applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. Lateral applicants should have a minimum of 2 years of experience in a public safety communications (Police, Fire, EMS) role. Previous training, certifications, communications experience and skillset, as well as amount of time removed from a communications role will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Lateral hires will be eligible for a $5,000 bonus. ($2,500 sign-on plus an additional $2,500 upon completion of training).
- All other ECS candidates will be eligible for a $3,000 bonus. ($1,500 sign-on plus an additional $1,500 upon completion of training).
- The ideal candidate has customer service and multi-tasking skills. Shifts are Monday – Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. – 8 p.m., 40 hours per week with options to work 5 x 8 hour shifts or 4 x 10 hour shifts.
- Remote work opportunity. Upon successful completion of training and a period of time in the Communications Center, employees may be eligible to work up to 75% of the week remotely. If the employee is eligible for partial remote work, they will still be required to report to the Communications Center at least once per week.
- All applicants must have a high school diploma or GED certificate. Jeffcom 911 provides qualified candidates with comprehensive training for Communications Specialists.
- This position is not eligible for a sign-on bonus.
Jeffcom 911 is an equal employment opportunity employer.